Below is a list of some of the most frequently asked “climate security” questions.
- Is climate change a security risk?
- Will climate change cause wars?
- Where is climate change the biggest threat to security?
- Why do militaries care about climate change?
- How does climate change compare to other security risks?
- What does climate security mean for diplomacy and development?
- How can we address the security risks of climate change?
- Are only poor nations at risk?
- Is climate change only a long-term risk?
- What’s more important for security: climate change adaptation or mitigation?
- What role does technology play in addressing the security risks of climate change?
- Should we be worried about “black swan” events?
- Is there a list of relevant government and nongovernmental documents on climate and security? By year of publication?
Still have questions? Submit a question about climate security.