Climate change, in both scale and potential impact, is a security risk that will affect our most basic resources, from food to water to energy. Preparing for climate risks requires a much better understanding of the nature of the threat. The Climate Security 101 project aims to answer the most frequently asked questions regarding the nature of climate risks to security, as well as act as a clearinghouse for the latest climate security research and policy documents.
- See the most Frequently Asked Questions
- See the Climate Security Resource Hub for a list of significant government and non-governmental resources/documents
- See the Climate Security Chronology for a list of significant reports and events by year
- See our one-pager: How Climate Change Impacts National Security
- For a list of quotes from prominent U.S. national security and defense officials on climate risks, see “On the Record.”
- Download a PDF compilation of Climate Security 101
- Submit a question